Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Reduced to Silence

Or should I say "just" silent. That has been where my heart has been these past few weeks. I am longing for silence and my little hermitage that was my novitiate. I am in the process of coming out of the cocoon guess. 

The summer offered some pleasant experiences and some very intense activities. 

My one constant this summer was my garden and still is! Although it has been full of hick-ups and Squash bugs. I was pleasantly surprised by it's fruition! I must say the process of sowing real seeds and reaping real produce has been awesome. Come visit me if you would like to try it out!

This summer marked the longest I have lived in one place since I graduated from high school (ten years ago). The opportunity to indulge in gardening has been awesome. I'm Growing "real" roots. In fact, of everything in my garden this year my carrots did the best! I think that is a good sign. 

Over the years I have been Peach 2! My time this summer with my sisters (Peaches 1 & 3) was great. The freshly picked peaches make a bold trip over the mountains and to the prairies.  They offer an explosion of juice and flavor to our little taste buds that runs all the way down to our elbows. I look forward to next season!

My theology studies have slowly been consuming my time and life. A joy I must say it is to be able to have the opportunity to study. Oh the places it will take me and has taken me...

Along with making vows... I have started a new job, in religious life we call it a new ministry. I am working at our retreat house! I am planning programs youth and young adults here and afar. It is a challenge to start a new job. But with many prayers and with lots of help from the Sisters and my friends, it is happening. 

Praying for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment